Test Bank for Police Crime Control Strategies 1st Edition by Larry Hoover
Download Test Bank for Police Crime Control Strategies 1st Edition by Larry Hoover After payment Download Sample
This is completed downloadable of Test Bank for Police Crime Control Strategies 1st Edition by Larry Hoover
Instant download Test Bank for Police Crime Control Strategies 1st Edition by Larry Hoover
POLICE CRIME CONTROL STRATEGIES is a practical, realistic, one-of-a-kind book that provides readers with a balanced assessment of approaches to police crime reduction. Written by an expert in the field of law enforcement, this book covers the strengths and weaknesses of a variety of approaches including crime-specific, community-oriented, problem-oriented, hot spot targeting, concentrated patrol deployment, broken windows enforcement, and intelligence-guided. Opening chapters trace the accumulating evidence for the substantial impact upon crime that focused police efforts can have. Community and problem-oriented programs are reviewed in the context of their employment for crime reduction. State-of-the-art strategies are organized by three targeting foci: geographic, offense, and offender. The role of investigative units in proactive crime reduction is critically assessed and Compstat as a framework receives special attention. Also discussed are crime strategy meetings, and staffing and deployment for crime control. Care is taken to review both the successes and failures of structured efforts both in suburban environments and major cities so that readers are provided with an unbiased overview of policing in the real world.
Table of Content
1. Police Crime Control Strategy Development.
2. The Police Effect on Crime.
3. The Role of Community Policing.
4. Focusing Community- and Problem-Oriented Approaches on Crime Reduction.
5. A Typology of Crime Reduction Strategies.
6. Geographic Targeting Strategies.
7. Offense Targeting Strategies.
8. Offender Targeting Strategies.
9. Compstat and Crime Control.
10. Conducting Crime Strategy Meetings.
11. The Resurrection of Sherlock Holmes.
12. Staffing for Crime Control.
13. Deployment for Crime Control.
14. Limitations on the Police Role.
15. Evaluating Strategic Impact.
- ISBN-10: 1133691625
- ISBN-13: 978-1133691624
People Also Search:
Police Crime Control Strategies 1st Edition test bank
Police Crime Control Strategies 1st Edition pdf free download
test bank for Police Crime Control Strategies 1st Edition
Police Crime Control Strategies 1st Edition instant download